Thursday, January 14, 2010

Skywatch Friday - Sunrise this morning

Wow! As I mentioned earlier this week, the weather here in Israel has been very mild, and so there hadn't been a lot of dramatic sunrises and sunsets to photograph. Fewer clouds yield less drama, it turns out. Anyway, a couple of days ago things got very cloudy, very suddenly. This was emphasized this morning when I noticed this cool sunrise:



I couldn't decide which shot I liked better, so I decided to post them both. This is my blog, you know :)

Feel free to click on the photos to enlarge them - they're even more dramatic close up! And do check out more sky-oriented photography at Skywatch Friday. Happy Friday, everyone - have a great weekend! 
 

8 comments:

Jim said...

Great greys.
Sydney - City and Suburbs

Sylvia K said...

Lovely skies! and marvelous captures, Toby! Love the way the light comes out from behind the gray clouds! Beautiful! Wishing you a lovely weekend!

Sylvia

Bubby said...

You're certainly right about their being even better close up! And what's totally cool is that I actually recognize where these were taken. Great photography!

Kim, USA said...

They are both very pretty and the transition from the first to the second photo is really nice. Thanks for sharing and Happy weekend!

SWF:Clear sky & Icicles

Serendipity said...

Lovely!

Gena @ thinking aloud said...

Wonderful sky shots - like them both too!!!
see my post too..
Gena @ thinking aloud
a photoblog
South Africa

Arija said...

Just wonderful sky captures!!!

Tara R. said...

I really like the sunburst on the second shot, but both of these are lovely.