Monday, January 4, 2010

A new meme

Here's a new one I discovered: Macro Monday! My camera isn't too terribly fantastic at getting close-ups, but I don't mind trying. And so, here's an entry that should work both for Macro Monday and Ruby Tuesday... Strawberries! 

Here in Israel, strawberries are now in season. This has been a great winter for fruit so far - the oranges, clementines, and pomelas have been sweet as candy. Now the strawberries have come into season, and they're just as yummy - lucky us! And lucky you, I photographed some especially perfect looking ones:






There you have it! As always, feel free to click on the photos, to get a juicier view :)


For more macro photography, check out Lisa's Chaos. And for more reddish photography, go to Ruby Tuesday, at Work of the Poet. Have a great week, everyone!

23 comments:

Gena @ thinking aloud said...

Gorgeous strawberries - perfect detail - juicy and succulent!

Müge said...

I love strawberries and these ones look very delicious! :-) Welcome to Macro Monday! Have a nice week! Ciao! :-)

jay said...

Look like a pretty good macros to me! Those last two are great!

We have to wait another few months for a bite of a local-grown strawberry.

Kim, USA said...

Ohhhh they looks so succulent the seeds is so vivid a great photo. Thanks for sharing!


MacroMonday:An Angel

Kerri Farley said...

Yum! The do look gorgeous...and I don't know that I've ever seen any look so PERFECT too!

maryt/theteach said...

perfect shots for Macro Monday and Ruby Tuesday! :)

Anonymous said...

Very appetizing. We'll have to wait until May for strawberries.

Anonymous said...

Your camera worked very well here. Now I'm hungry -- I love fresh strawberries but I'll have to wait until June for the local crop.

EG CameraGirl said...

I LOVE fresh strawberries and these look very, very tasty!

Annie Jeffries said...

Luscious looking.

Leora said...

Those look delightful. Enjoy! And have some cut up with bananas and oranges, too. With a bit of fresh mint.

eden said...

Yummy strawberries!

Colleen said...

Strawberries!! I can't wait until they come into season around here. Lovely picture!

Unknown said...

wow, i've never seen such luscious looking strawberries! beautiful macro shot!

Unknown said...

These look perfect and I've been having a craving! Maybe I should come to Israel, lol. :)

CameoRoze (Margaret) said...

Almost makes you want to count to see how many seeds are on a strawberry. :)

Lovin' Macro Mondays,
Cameo @-->-->---

toby said...

Thanks, everyone! You're all invited to come over here and share - I bought way too many :)

The Cunning Runt said...

Beautiful macro shots, and as "ruby" as they come!

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

I think that is awesome. I want a strawberry very, very bad now. Actually, I'll take a couple quarts and eat them myself!

Mimi said...

They look so delicious!
Not much is in season here, well maybe cabbage!

Marice said...

geesssh! thats mouth-watering! love your macro shot!

u may view mine here

Dianne said...

I think your macros are wonderful
great color and detail

Jonny Hamachi said...

Wow!

Came for the Shadows, stayed for the strawberries.