Monday, March 4, 2013

Whimsical Windows, Delirious Doors! #66

Here we are, back again for our favorite meme!
This past Friday was very exciting for us, and for around 20,000 other people as well. We went to the Jerusalem Marathon! My husband and daughter ran a 10K. My daughter joined a running club this year, and so we've been to some races like this before, but the amount of people here really blew me away. For example, at other runs, there's been an inflatable pink arch to run under. Here, an enormous doorway was specially built :)
and of course another one for the end:
Just to give you a sense of the size of this event, here is a view as the race was about to begin. These people aren't spectators like me, they're people waiting to start running!
 
Amazing, what an absolute thrill! My daughter has done three 5K races this year, but this was her first 10K, and I am really amazed and proud of her!
Anyway, please play along with me here at Whimsical Windows, Delirious Doors! All you need to do is post your photo of a window, door, or anything architectural, link here, and sign up in the widget. Then, of course, please visit the other players, so you can enjoy what's been found all over the world. Thanks so much for stopping by - have a wonderful week, everyone! 

7 comments:

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Running has been a lot of fun for me. I don't have any more marathons left in me but I ran a half marathon in December and a trail race 10K yesterday.

Ralph said...

Congratulations to your husband and daughter! All their training and dedication in running and completing the 10K. An elite group of runners passing through the huge and so appropriate (for this great Monday meme :) finish line door. An accomplishment not many complete - your pride for your family shows through - and deservedly so!

sparrow said...

Congratulations to David and Daughter! What a wonderful achievement. There was certainly a lot of talent given to the Curwin family in many forms!

Dina said...

A big mazal tov to daughter and husband! And to you, Toby, for cheering and for finding a place to stand and photograph in that huge crowd.

I have a photo from several years ago, when my grandson was still small, and he is standing in a super thick doorway.

photodoug said...

Tend to agree with Satchel Paige, “Avoid running at all times.” But cannot help cheering for those who do not.

toby said...

Thanks for your kind words, everyone!

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

Shalom Toby - and kudos to your daughter and husband for running in this race! That is quite a doorway, and such a huge crowd. I can imagine how exciting it must have been in person.