Sunday, August 1, 2010

Shadowy Steps

Here are some steps that I came along this past week. It's not often that I walk around outdoors during the day, since I tend to be sitting at work... but it turns out that if you venture outside, the sun presents all sorts of nice shadows. This one isn't terribly dramatic, but it does nicely provide that funky effect that I like where you can't really tell where the step ends and the shadow begins...
That's all for now, folks! My bread has cooled off and I'm going to bed. Do go to Shadow Shot Sunday, at Hey Harriet, to check out more cool shadowy photography. Happy Sunday, everyone!

6 comments:

Gemma Wiseman said...

Nice defined shadows cast by the rise of the steps plus bonus lacy shadows casts by the greens at the bottom!

Anca Pandrea said...

Nice shadows. And when we think that we walk past such shadows every day without even paying attention...

Unknown said...

Great shadow shot. I love it when you go outside and discover unknown shadows.

Sylvia K said...

What a great shadow shot, Toby! I agree with Anka -- we pass by shadows every day that we never notice until that day when we become enamored with them and then we tend to find them everywhere! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Sylvia

Hey Harriet said...

I like the effect too! Hope you had a lovely sleep, and enjoy the rest of your weekend :)

Lighthousegal said...

I agree with the others, we pass by so many shadows, and objects, in our daily life that go un-noticed. Thanks for sharing these.