Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Controversial Windows

There are some apartment buildings in Jerusalem that I pass by pretty frequently. In the beginning I found them to be quite an eyesore, but as time has gone by, I've gotten used to them. I'm still not sure that I'd like to be the guy who lives on that connecting seam, though :)

Anyway, as I was waiting next to them at a traffic light  last week, it occurred to me that they are good candidates for Mary's Window Views... and Doors, too! meme. So I grabbed a couple of shots before the light turned green. I was surprised to discover later that day that these buildings have actually been in the news recently, for less than pleasant reasons. Anyway, here they are:

 
Like them or not, you can't deny that they're interesting! Feel free to click on either photo, if you'd like to get a closer look.

And do check out more window and door photography, at Mary's blog. That's where I'm headed right now! Happy Wednesday, everyone!

4 comments:

Photo Cache said...

I like them a lot.

Kim, USA said...

It is indeed a very interesting structure. My first time to see this thanks for sharing! Happy Wednesday!

Windows&Doors

VioletSky said...

I can see what the architect was thinking when he built these columns of apartment towers. I think, they would have to grow on me, too!

Jientje said...

The building looks interesting, to say the least, but I don't think I'd want to live there!