Monday, November 17, 2014

Whimsical Windows, Delirious Doors! #155

Welcome back to our fun little meme!



Here's one last building that I don't remember having seen before until now, and it was very pretty! All sorts of mesmerizing, almost dizzying wavy lines - it made me feel like I was on the beach:



I decided to zoom in a bit, and see just what was going on there:



Which is when I realized - whoa! Even cooler! Those waves are balconies! I think...



Yes, they are! And just one zoom closer, I found someone standing outside :)



As always, feel free to enlarge any of those, if you'd like a closer view.

A quick search in Google Images revealed that my beach feeling is pretty close to the intent of this structure - it's called "Aqua," and is even more awesome than I knew :) Click on that link if you're interested...

Chicago was the last stop on our summer tour, and Aqua is the end of my overseas windows and doors exhibition. Well, except for this, which always makes me feel all warm and cozy inside:



And these cool shots taken out of our airplane window, of the Swiss Alps:



That's it for now! Please play along with us here at Whimsical Windows, Delirious Doors! Just post your photo of a window, door, or anything architectural, link here, and sign up in the widget, below. Then go and visit the other participants - that's the most fun of all! Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a wonderful week, everyone!

Oh - and I'm linking here to this week's Thursday Challenge, which happens to be Architecture this week - how can I resist? :)

7 comments:

Joanne Olivieri said...

The shots of that building with the wavy lines are just awesome! I've never seen anything like that. Very well done.

Mascha said...

Oh wow, thats an awesome nice building!
And great views out from the airplane (my last fly was in 1977)

(I've linked up today only one picture, sorry, I'm in a hurry and have not managed to make a big post)

Fun60 said...

Wow! That is an amazing building. Glad you took the close up as I don't think I would have worked out that they are balconies.

photodoug said...

Toby, unusual structure. Fourth photo with the person on the balcony is a great capture. Thanks for sharing.

VioletSky said...

I'm not sure how I feel about an eighty-two storey apartment building, but apart from that, this is a brilliant design.

MarjaK said...

That sure is a very special building with those wavelines. Really nice!

fredamans said...

Interesting building for sure. I wouldn't be out on those ledges though.