Monday, April 22, 2013

Whimsical Windows, Delirious Doors! #73

Here, we are once again, here at your favorite little meme!
A couple of weeks ago, my youngest daughter mentioned that they had received a tree house for the kids at her school. "Tree house?" I wondered, not sure what on earth she was talking about. And then when we came to the school for the science fair, we were greeted by this amazing, amazing thing. Just take a look for yourself!
It's an actual Lincoln Log house - wow! Now those are what I call worthwhile windows and doors :) I used to play with Lincoln Logs for hours when I was a kid - I get a kick imagining some gigantic people putting this together for my daughter's school :)

Now it's your turn! To participate in Whimsical Windows, Delirious Doors! just post a photo of a window, door, or anything architectural, link here, and sign up in the widget. Then go and visit the other players - it's so much fun to see what's been found this week from all over the globe. Have fun! And have a whimsical week, everyone!

P.S. - the Simply Linked site seems to be acting a little bit strange... if for some reason you're unable to link in, just leave your link in the comments. I hope it works out!

5 comments:

trav4adventures said...

I did a kids' playhouse, too. I love yours!
~~Cheryl Ann~~

Ralph said...

Great post - I love Lincoln Logs...they are the world of discovery for the young and always inquiring minds. The tactile shapes with notches allow a real sense of discovery as they create architectural art (or not :)

I have a picture post with our daughter on the first day of kindergarten many years ago as she works with these logs...

http://airhead55-ralph.blogspot.com/2012/05/tinas-ww-kindergarten.html

Lesley said...

You can fit a lot of kids in this house!

photodoug said...

Not your father's Lincoln Logs.

Dina said...

How cool is that?!
Your daughter's "tree house" is a good way to describe it.
It must be fun to build.

I wish I still had my Lincoln Logs of childhood.