Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Mushrooms

The Mahane Yehuda open market in Jerusalem is known for having great, fresh produce (and more). Considering that it's less expensive than stores, and much higher quality, you'd think that going there regularly would be a no-brainer. And yet, it's out of the way for me, and I don't go as often as I should.

Last time I was there, though, I realized that it's also a great source of things to photograph. My favorite was this (click on the photo to enlarge - it's got great texture!):

Cool, right?

3 comments:

G6 said...

Yummmm!!!!
I love mushrooms. Fancy ones are very expensive in the States. What a great pic and what infinite cooking possiblilities!!!!

toby said...

It does look good, right? Thanks for stopping by!

Bubby said...

They look great! They're also a little other-worldly...