Sunday, December 30, 2012

Whimsical Windows, Delirious Doors! #57

Welcome back, everyone, to your favorite little meme!
It's the last day of 2012 - wowee! That sure was fast... I still remember when 2000 seemed impossibly far away. Do you?
Anyway, I understand that there's a lot of snowing going on around the world, but in our neck of the woods, things mostly look like this, and I just wanted to share:
Isn't that a most welcoming door?
To participate in Whimsical Windows, Delirious Doors! just post your photo of a window, door, or anything architectural, link here, and then sign up in the widget. Speaking of which, I've been trying to find a free widget that shows thumbnails - if any of you out there know of one, please let me know, either in the comments or directly via email. Thanks! Happy New Years, everyone!

6 comments:

Dina said...

Nice. I'm happy to go in any door that has an arch.

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

Shalom Toby! Yes, I remember when 2000 seemed like far in the future....in fact (I'm dating myself here) I remember reading the novel 1984 and thinking THAT was impossibly in the future!

Love your welcoming door photo. It draws you in . . . and the low garden walls on either side are like open arms welcoming you up those steps.

Ralph said...

Yes, snow has falen around here (although being from Chicago, we likely have way less snow here than you remember :)

That said, the sunny day there is a sight for us snowbirds to enjoy as we await the warmer days of Spring. Happy new year 2013!

sparrow said...

I love this Toby. Where is it? Although I'd be out there tidying up the leaves. I'm a hopeless gardener, but don't like leaves all over the stoop!

toby said...

Thanks, everybody!
sparrow, this is in Efrat, about a ten minute walk from my house. Lucky me :)

photodoug said...

Happy New Year to one and all.