Monday, December 3, 2012

Whimsical Windows, Delirious Doors! #53

Here we are, ready for the latest installment of your favorite little meme - Whimsical Windows, Delirious Doors!
This week we're back to Israeli architecture. I took a look around my small town and suddenly realized that I hadn't shared this one with you before:


Isn't it lovely? This is a synagogue not too far from my home. I really like it, I think it looks like a scroll! 

Now it's your turn! I can't wait to see what you've found for us - have a wonderful week, everyone!

7 comments:

Dina said...

What a nice idea!

sparrow said...

This is fascinating, and how clever to conceal the light source! I love it!

Zyzzyz said...

That's a lovely window.

Lesley said...

Between you and Dina, I have been introduced to some great symbolically designed architecure

Ralph said...

The scroll shape I hadn't noticed until you mentioned it - how fitting! We live in a very modern and secular day where the past is forgotten. The scrolls need to be examined for that look at the past - here made of modern building materials and older ideas...

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

I love the design here . . . all the curving lines, like a scroll, and even on the pavement too.

Carola said...

Wonderful window. Great architecture.