Sunday, December 23, 2012

Whimsical Windows, Delirious Doors! #56

Welcome back to our little meme!
Here's a really cool set of windows that I found for you on my recent trip to Chicago! This house is being renovated, but apparently they're putting some kind of copper top on these two large, ground floor windows. I found the whole thing just fascinating!

I've definitely never seen anything like these before! I'm very curious to know whether the owners plan to let this copper go all-natural green, ala the Statue of Liberty, or to seal them with an enormous coat of clear nail polish to keep them shiny and bright :)

Now it's your turn! To participate in Whimsical Windows, Delirious Doors! just post your photo of a window, door, or anything architectural, link here, and then sign up in the widget below. Don't forget to visit the other players, that what makes this fun for everyone! Thanks for stopping by, have a wonderful week, everyone!

3 comments:

Dina said...

Very strange. I would go crazy inside when there was a heavy rain on that copper.

But the good old Chicago brick still looks good.

Ralph said...

The copper looks new although the roofs many of the copper-clad Ansonia buildings turn green over time...but style and substance is what I see and feel in the copper, brick and huge bow window. It looks stout and beautiful at the same time...great capture Toby!

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

That copper is so new and shiny . . . one day it will be green! I wonder how long it takes to weather in the Chicago climate?