Saturday, August 25, 2012

Shadow Shot Sunday 2 - hosted by me!

How exciting! Shadow Shot Sunday has always been one of my favorite memes - I feel like I really have a better eye for finding interesting things now that I've trained my brain to spot interesting shadows :) Thanks so much to Tracy for starting it, all those years ago!

Anyway, it is my absolute honor to host this week - and here's what I posted:
Nice, right? I was excited to find it!

I'm just going to take this fast opportunity to invite you all to participate in my own weekly meme, Whimsical Windows, Delirious Doors! It opens each week on Mondays, but you can come and sign up anytime during the week. We'd love to have you aboard, and it's a lot of fun to admire interesting architecture from all over the world!

Meanwhile, if you'd like to see more interesting shadows, go check out Shadow Shot Sunday 2, right now! You'll be glad that you did. Happy Sunday, everyone! Have a great week!

16 comments:

Dina said...

All very elegant--the set, the setting, and the shadows.

Shavua tov, Toby.

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Do you play chess with the shadows? :)

Sibilant Shadows

Gemma Wiseman said...

This really is a beautiful image! Where art and games meet!

Rajesh said...

Fantastic shadow shot.

My name is Riet said...

This is a great shadow shot. You know just a few days ago I found a piece of paper here that says wish I was a photographer and whimsical windows. I wrote that down some time ago do dig into it. I love making photo's of windows and doors . Also this last trip I made lots of photo 's with the idea in the back of my mind to find a blog where I can join and show my photo's. S now I am going over to your other blog and see how I can join..thank you for sharing. Have a nice Sunday .

toby said...

Thanks, everyone!
Riet - the windows and doors meme is right here on this blog - I'll be posting the next one tonight! Feel free to come by and link up - welcome aboard!

Leovi said...

Delicious play of light and shadows that you created with chess. Greetings.

Margaret Gosden said...

With respect to your comment about SOOC, I do feel it is just one of the many ways one can make a photo.
"...playing with a photo", as you put it, is a way of editing a photo to find and create the art of the shot that is not always caught SOOC. Your disclaimer
does rather put down any other kind of method when, in fact, in the end, it is the image itself, however it is done, is the successful one that connects to the eye of the beholder. I like the melon shots!

NatureFootstep said...

yes that is a great shadow shot. And thanks for hosting. :)

Paula Scott Molokai Girl Studio said...

Love, love, love this shot!

MyMaracas said...

All strong lines and sharp points, an army at dawn on the edge of battle. Very dramatic!

Chubskulit Rose said...

A beautiful one. Hope I could remember the meme next week.

Unknown said...

You are right indeed!This sure is a pretty and Happy blog. Thoroughly enjoyed being here. Love ur chess set...I love this game.
And however did you know people out here LOVE photographing doors and windows!! Will come by with a post soon..

Eden said...

Wow, fantastic shot!

Jazzbumpa said...

Those shadow are almost intimidating.

Thanks for the visit.

JzB

EG CameraGirl said...

Fabulous shadows, Toby!