Sunday, November 8, 2009

Shadow shadow on the wall

Here's my entry for this week's Shadow Shot Sunday. I have to say, this meme is so much fun! It's really gotten me looking for things that I just wouldn't have, otherwise. I hope to keep up with it weekly!

This is the shadow of last year's flowerboxes onto the wall of my front balcony. The flowers in these boxes, sad to say, look much better in shadow than straight on :) But never fear, I'll go to the nursery soon to replace them with something a bit more alive. 


Click on the photo to enlarge it, if you so desire. I especially like how the stone wall makes the straight lines of the railing look all squiggly. How fun!

Don't forget to check out more cool shadow photography on Hey Harriet's blog, here. Happy Shadow Shot Sunday, everyone!

8 comments:

Catherine said...

great shadow shot!

Sam said...

Lovely shot! I like the squiggerly lines too! :)

Hey Harriet said...

That's gorgeous! I loved reading about how you're having fun with this meme. I'm so glad! And I'm having fun looking at your shadow shots each week!

BLOGitse said...

Happy SSS!
Front balcony, do you have back balcony too?
Show us! :)
Have a great week!

toby said...

Thanks for coming, everyone! I'm glad you enjoyed!
BLOGitse - my back balcony was here: http://iwishiwereaphotographer.blogspot.com/2009/09/fast-flower.html
and here:
http://iwishiwereaphotographer.blogspot.com/2009/08/succulents-are-best.html
:)

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Are you keeping watch,
shadow on the wall? Is there
light in you at all?

My Shadow Shot

A Wild Thing said...

Yes, I'll stop dead in my tracks for the perfect shadow and rarely go anywhere without my camera...you never know what your eyes will surprise you with!

Chubby Chieque said...

But I like your shot though!

Where keeping our eyes on shadows, whether they're strong or subtle, still shadows.

Keep going.

Cheers...