Thursday, November 19, 2009

A Crazy Cloudy Sunset

This past Monday I came home from work, and was greeted by this:

I thought it was pretty cool and dramatic, so I quickly took a photo. About five minutes went by, and it had turned into this - similar, but also cool:
Please understand, these aren't black and white photos - that's just as colorful as it was outside. I was in a rush to go to a friend's house, so I wasn't paying much attention, but ten minutes later, when I happened to glance outside again, it had become this!
Whoa! Suffice it to say that I was completely blown away. 
Happy Skywatch Friday, everyone! For more sky oriented photos from all around the world, click here.

11 comments:

Marie said...

Awesome series of lovely skyes.

April said...

Amazing clouds and sunset!

Sylvia K said...

I would have been blown away, too! Fantastic skies and colors and clouds and you caught them beautifully! Thanks for sharing the beauty!

Have a great weekend!

Sylvia

Jim said...

Dark and mysterious skies.
Sydney - City and Suburbs

David Cohen said...

Stick to your own line of work....
Just kidding....

Light and Voices said...

Very nice!
Joyce-Illinois

Larry D said...

Great series, the change was wonderful!

Dimple said...

Beautiful series. The last one is gorgeous!

BLOGitse said...

I don't watch skies in memes
but I shoot skies a lot! :)
This series is beautiful - and not there anymore. You can never shoot the same series again!

Hava a great Friday! :)

Evita said...

Hi

These are great - they show the mood of the sky at that moment.

Thank you also for your comment on my SWF host photo!

toby said...

Thanks, everyone! I'm glad that you enjoyed this view as much as I did!

And Dave, you don't need to worry - I'm not planning to switch professions anytime soon. But this is absolutely a fun hobby!