Sunday, January 8, 2012

Some shadowy macros

Well, I had time to take a short walk around on an overcast day last week, and spontaneously started snapping close-up shots of some everyday things. Can you see them for what they are?
 (The side of a trash can)

(Something growing on the side of a tree)

(The plastered exterior of a building)

(Some Jerusalem stone on a low wall nearby)

Well, I liked these, and thought they'd be good for both Shadow Shot Sunday and for Macro Monday. Please do go check out both of those weekly memes, you'll be so glad you did!
Oh, and it looks like we're moving Whimsical Windows, Delirious Doors! to Mondays, so I look forward to seeing you back here for that!  
Have a great week, everyone!

12 comments:

Gemma Wiseman said...

Attractive, subtle shadowy light round these beautiful macros! Love the uneven surface detail of the stone wall in the last photo!

T... said...

oh what wonderful texture shots, love them all

LV said...

You certainly found some interesting things that cast their shadows.

Chubskulit Rose said...

I love the soft shadows you have found.

Shadow Shot at my page. Have a blessed Sunday!

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

I like your macros, Toby. Getting up close is the best way to see the soul of an object.

A SHADOW THE SIZE OF THE SUN

If I had a shadow the size of the sun,
I’m not sure how fast I’d be able to run,
Or if I could flee from its ravenous jaws,
While keeping away from its razor-sharp claws!


© 2012 by Magical Mystical Teacher


Shadows here and there

This is Belgium said...

interesting !
just found your blog because the I saw the title of it showing up in a list somewhere.. it caught my attention
greetings from Brussels

Kelly said...

I would have guessed the treebark, but had no idea what the others were. Very nice photography!

Jan n Jer said...

Nice macros n texture shots!

EB Bead and Metal Works, LLC said...

Love all the different types of textures you captured!

toby said...

Thanks, everyone!

Karen said...

Great textures!

Kala said...

Wonderful textures and tones in these macro shots!