Thursday, January 5, 2012

Skywatch - A Stark Tree

It was very overcast this past week! Although we're still officially in drought status, it seems to be a much rainier winter than last year - here's hoping!
This past week I was wandering around outside in some on again off again drizzle, and I found this tree. Isn't it lovely?
Dunno, I liked it :) 
It's even nicer close up - feel free to click on it to get a better view!
For more sky-oriented photography from all over the world, go right now to check out Skywatch Friday, that great weekly meme. You'll be glad you went - have a great time!
And have a great weekend, everyone!

8 comments:

Carver said...

I love the way the stark tree looks against the moody sky.

Steffi said...

Great photo for SWF!I hope you had a good start into the new year and have a nice weekend!

Robin said...

Beautiful shot Toby, very moody.

I don't know if we're still officially in a drought or not but it was raining cats and dogs here a little while ago, and the lightning was so close it nearly zapped me right out of my chair! Set off all the car alarms in the neighborhood too. Sheesh.

-----------------------------------
My photography is available for purchase - visit Around the Island Photography on etsy and Society6 and bring home something beautiful today!

Al said...

I do like the shapes of bare trees against a winter sky, nice shot. The idea of a rainy winter is strange to me, as for six or more months of the year we never see rain, only snow.

Chubskulit Rose said...

Beautifully captured!

Skywatch, have a nice weekend!

Ebie said...

The gray gloomy sky provides a great backdrop of the tree. Nice shot!

Happy Friday!

Arija said...

Great foreground for your wintery sky.

Liz said...

Beautiful capture! Hope it didn't rain too hard. Happy sky watching.

Skywatch