Monday, February 16, 2015

Whimsical Windows, Delirious Doors! #168

Welcome back to your favorite little meme!


I was in Jerusalem's Gilo neighborhood a few weeks ago, at a shopping center that I often frequent. From across the street, I suddenly noticed these high windows and balconies looking at me - I don't recall seeing them before:



I have a feeling that this used to be a pretty classy building - there's a lot of attention to detail around the windows, and the balconies themselves are pretty unique. But Jerusalem stone often discolors if not tended to properly, and this seems to be the case here. I hope the inside has aged better than the outside!

Now it's your turn! Please play along with us here at Whimsical Windows, Delirious Doors! Just post your photo of a window, door, or anything architectural, link here, and sign up in the widget. Then go and visit the other players - seeing what people have posted from around the globe is the most fun of all! Thanks for coming by - have a wonderful week, everyone! And for those of you in the Northern Hemisphere: stay warm and dry :)

4 comments:

Mascha said...

I like the halfround balcones with their artful fences (I probably could not pay the rent for such an appartment) - it's a pretty architektural style!
Have a nice week

DougPhoto2009 said...

Unique balconies. Wonder how is the view. Thanks for sharing.

Ralph said...

Lovely flats, especially the round terraces outside those blessed units. Nice details such as the air conditioners not placed in the windows, effective window guards that don't look like prison bars and the stonework on the facade make this a nice looking apartment building. I'll try to keep warm!

Gerald (SK14) said...

they do have a rather austere dated look to them