Monday, February 2, 2015

Whimsical Windows, Delirious Doors! #166

Welcome back to our little meme!
Well done, all of you! You've waited very patiently since last week's teaser, when I promised you amazing hotel photos. Honestly, there are so many, I'm not even sure I should put them all in the same post... nah, I'll let you have them now. No need to be unnecessarily mean :)


The outside is actually quite modest, I'm not sure I would have identified it as a hotel had my husband not led me right to the door:



Then when you first walk in, you're greeted by these beautiful floors:
Then when you manage to pry your eyes away from the floor, you find yourself surrounded by the most intense art-deco everything...




Walk a little further in, and you find yourself in the main lobby, designed to look like an outdoor courtyard:

It looks like a lot of the hotel rooms overlook this space:


And here's this cool chandelier thing, as a grande finale:



Wow that's nice! I'm sure I can't afford to stay there, but if you're ever in Jerusalem and looking for a lovely lobby to hang out in for a little while, do check out the new Waldorf-Astoria :)

Now it's your turn! Please play along with us here at Whimsical Windows, Delirious Doors! Just post your photo of a window, door, or anything architectural, link here, and sign up in the widget, below. Thanks for stopping by - have a wonderful, whimsical week, everyone! And if you're in the currently freezing areas of North America, do try to stay warm and dry!!

5 comments:

Mascha said...

Really a famous hotel! Most I like the staircase with the iron artworks...
From outside it is very different to our architekture here in Germany.
Have a nice new week

photodoug said...

Toby, truly a grand hotel. Thanks for sharing.

Dina said...

Cool, thanks for the tour inside!
I remember in 2006 walking past the original old building (once a grand Arab hotel) early every morning on my way to my dig at the Kotel and it was creepy-- abandoned and decaying. They did a great job with it.

Jim said...

Looks wonderful.

Kalpana said...

Well that's a lovely blog you have. Don't know whether I'll stay in that hotel but it was good to have a peek at it.