Monday, December 16, 2013

Whimsical Windows, Delirious Doors! #107

Welcome back to your favorite little meme!
 As you may or may not know, here in Israel we're recovering from a crazy snowstorm. Where I live, we got over a foot and a half of snow, which hasn't happened for decades! It began Wednesday night, and the roads have been closed ever since, believe it or not. Here's a shot from a brief break, on Thursday. I really liked the low clouds here, that match the piles of snow! As always, feel free to click on the photos, if you'd like a closer view:

It kept on snowing pretty much nonstop, all the way through until Saturday afternoon! We lost power and heat for a lot of it, but thankfully have enough hats, socks and blankets that we made do. I think that there are people elsewhere who still don't have stable power - scary! And at this point, things have iced over so badly that the kids' schools are cancelled tomorrow as well! Wow. 

Still, there's no getting past the beauty or intensity of this all. I went for a walk with my husband last night to go walk his father's dog, and here are some photos that I took on the way, just so you all might believe :) 
Here you can see that the new shade thing above our park has completely collapsed :(




Those are the stairs that we opted not to take :)

Here if you look closely you can see some brave kids sledding down this hill :)

Yikes, right? 


Back home - one of those cars is mine!!


Here's a closeup of the beautiful snow on our car. It looks soft and playful, but in fact, it's completely iced over! Looks can be deceiving :)

Well, there are some windows and doors there, and so I'm cheating a bit and using these for my Whimsical Windows, Delirious Doors! post this week. Please play along with us, by posting your photos of windows, doors, or anything architectural, linking here, and signing up in the widget, below. Then go and visit the other players, that's the best part! Thanks for stopping by, everyone - have a great week, and stay warm!

9 comments:

Fun60 said...

I read about the snow fall in the newspaper and then went back to reread it as I didn't believe you could possibly have had that much snow. Now I have seen your photos. Wow!

Gerald (SK14) said...

Wow that is some snowfall.

Ralph said...

I keep thinking that Israel was a warm and arid place - which is not necessarily true! That is way too much snow...but it is a beautiful backdrop to your local windows and doors!

Ralph said...

I keep thinking that Israel was a warm and arid place - which is not necessarily true! That is way too much snow...but it is a beautiful backdrop to your local windows and doors!

Dina said...

That first photo--the clouds look like mountains!
Glad you weathered the storm. I wonder how many more days the fallen snow will stay around.
BTW, the Jerusalem Post is asking for suggestions for a more Jewish name for Storm Alexa.

Dina said...

P.S.
In the link to my post, the photos are by a friend who lives in Jerusalem.
Wish I could have been there. No snow here in Meitar near Beer Sheva, but we had lots of rain and wind and cold.

trav4adventures said...

Oh, yes, I read about your snow...AMAZING!
~~Cheryl Ann~~

photodoug said...

Glad you weathered the storm. It did produce great photo opportunities. Thanks for sharing.

toby said...

Thanks, everyone! Sorry I haven't been online... and yes, Israel usually is a completely arid place! That's what makes this so very ridiculous :)