Monday, November 12, 2012

Whimsical Windows, Delirious Doors! #50

Wow! Here comes week number-five-oh of our little meme!
This leads me to all sorts of questions. What do you guys think? Should we keep this up? It's been almost a year, wow! Is there something you think we should do to make this different next year? We are indeed a wee meme - we generally get around 6-7 participants, and I think our highest week ever was 12. Does this bother you? Would you prefer a higher number? And if so, what can we do about it? This is the first meme that I've ever hosted, and I personally love finding interesting architecture each week. I'm not in it for the hits, I just like the personal weekly challenge. But I suppose it might be fun to have a larger audience, too. Please leave your ideas and opinions in the comments below - thanks! 

And now, on to the windows and doors! I was going through some of my older photos, and discovered that there were some that I had from a trip back to the US that I never posted, from two years ago exactly, in October 2010. Man, are these ever the antithesis of what you usually see here in the greater Jerusalem area! So I figured it would be nice to share them with you. These ones are from Sharon, Massachusetts - an absolutely beautiful town. We were lucky enough to be there in Autumn, which was really ideal. First, here's the house where my mother in law grew up:
Here's a house that I actually did show you last time, but it's so lovely that I can't resist sharing it once again :)

And here are a few more views from nearby where we stayed that were just so dramatically different from what I usually see, I couldn't help grabbing my camera!








Oh, that was a nice trip! And it was good to come home, too :)

Now it's your turn! To play along with us here at Whimsical Windows, Delirious Doors! just post a photo of a window, door, or anything architectural, link here, and sign up in the widget below. Thanks for coming by - and have a wonderful week!

8 comments:

Lesley said...

It is fun to see so many different architectural styles. Which is one reason I love this meme.
It would be nice to have a few more participants, but I do like that at least pretty much everyone visits everyone else (there are many other memes where that does not happen)

Ralph said...

The land south of Boston has a style that is New England as others envision it - Connecticut has a look like this our of the usual suburbs and exurbs - a leafy charm perhaps...

l like this meme - we all see interesting architecture all the time, and we like so much of it from the first time we see it - so it is always fun to visit and participate, although I, (maybe more than most) try to give the backstory to the pic - this is a great place to tell that story.

And the views of Israel (a land I really admire) are a treat!

The volume of visitors can mean a lot to a host, but does not sway me to visit - the content along with the host and story visitors are what draw me to a meme. You keep this going and I will visit!

Pictografio said...

I like this challenge a lot. It does not bother me that there are so few participants, as long as you're only willing to continue it.
If I would suggest one change: I think you should change a linking component to one with a thumbnails :)

VioletSky said...

I hope you continue with this meme, no matter how few of us participate. I know I sometimes forget, and it is the same day as the murals meme which I also like to participate in, so combining the two is sometimes a challenge. But taking photos of architecture is something I do a lot of.
I don't mind the lack of thumbnails,it becomes a true surprise with each visit.
And I appreciate Ralph's backstories.

Anonymous said...

I need to remember this meme as I plan to go back to blogging very soon!

sparrow said...

I love this blog / meme, so would be very happy if you continued it.

toby said...

Thanks for your positive replies, everyone!

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

Shalom Toby - I'm chiming in here too, even though I've been missing in action lately. I always enjoy this blog and hope you keep it up. The number of participants isn't all that important I don't think. It's always so interesting to see what others have chosen to share each week. And I will try to be better about participating too.