Monday, November 14, 2011

Pomegranates for Ruby Tuesday!

As we know, Rosh HaShana is the holiday of pomegranates. I love pomegranates! But after Rosh HaShana is over, although they're still sold everywhere, I just don't think of buying them. I mean, the holiday is over, right? But this year, somehow I decided that pomegranates are good enough to keep eating, and so I've bought a few more over the last month. Yum! I've been putting them in salads and just munching on them, totally healthy, very yummy, and *very* Israeli! 


Opening a pomegranate can be a little daunting - what seems like a great idea can lead to a huge, juicy mess very quickly. Over the past couple of years, we've been using the underwater method, and it's served us quite well. But after reading this inspiring blog post, I decided to brave it alone. And it turned out pretty well!



(check out the white cutting board!!)



Naturally, I'm posting this to Ruby Tuesday, that weekly meme of reddish things, hosted by Mary at Work of the Poet. Go there right now to see more entries from all over the world! Have a great Tuesday, everyone!

9 comments:

Liz said...

Yummy and healthy!

My entries:
Moms...Check Nyo
Yummy-as-can-be

Maria @ LSS said...

Delicious!

Tina´s PicStory said...

what a yummy red :)

Ralph said...

It's true that the sweet red mess that may occur under and surrounding counters. However, no gain without pain and no sweet seeds without a bit of juice. The fruit here is a bold and tasty ruby!

Kim, USA said...

For sure that is sweet!

Roses

DrillerAA09 said...

Brilliant colors, nicely captured. Happy RT.

Chubskulit Rose said...

I am salivating lol, lovely!
My Ruby Tuesday post, come and see.

Ash said...

Very nice! I love pomegranates!

Melbourne Australia Photos said...

Couldn't have a better subject for Ruby Tuesday! Pomegranates are wonderful subjects and very photogenic.