Sunday, January 9, 2011

Shadowy Arches

There I was, waiting for my father-in-law's appointment at our fancy shmancy new local medical center (just a check-up, never fear) when I happened to look out the window. I saw these arched shadows, and immediately thought - Shadow Shot Sunday! And, ever-responsible, ran out the door to get a shot. Oops. Well, they still hadn't called his name when I got back - I'm not completely evil, right?




Judge me as you will. But I still think that these shadows rank among the classier that I've found!


Go check out more fun shadow photography, at Shadow Shot Sunday, beautifully hosted as always at Hey Harriet. Happy shadow searching, everyone! And have a great week!

8 comments:

Sylvia K said...

What a terrific shot! I love it when that happens! Definitely a very classy shadow shot for the day! Hope you've had a great weekend so far!! Enjoy!

Sylvia

Empty Nester said...

I would have run out to get the shot too! Nice shadows.

Anonymous said...

How nice a 'movement' of the shadow waves. May its light bring peace and happiness for you all Sunday.

daily athens

annalyn said...

some will just make a shadow like that, you are lucky to see one :)

Chubskulit Rose said...

Gorgeous shadow shot!

My shadow shots, hope you can visit, thanks!

Bubby said...

Gorgeous shot, but I'm sorry it's so sunny there. You need rain!

Hey Harriet said...

Haha! This shot is awesome and you're not the least bit evil. If your experience in the medical waiting room is anything like mine, you were probably still sitting there for another hour anyway :)

Hootin Anni said...

Well done....they're so artful.

Mine this week is a heron casting its shadow near the marina.

Here's the direct link

http://hootin--anni.blogspot.com/2011/01/shadow-of-heror-his-smile.html

Have a great Sunday.