Saturday, January 1, 2011

Shadow Sunday - Happy New Year!

I just can't believe that it's 2011! Well, I guess I can believe. But time sure does fly! Seems like just yesterday I was trying to get the hang of signing '10 instead of '09...


Anyway, the weather here turned cloudy and even a bit rainy this past week. I know that Europe and North America have been covered in snow, and so I thought that we could all do well by remembering greener times. Here are some photos that I took of Cindi's backyard, this past October:






Wow. Can't you just feel it?


For more shadowy photography, go check out Shadow Shot Sunday, hosted once again at Hey Harriet. Happy Sunday, everyone! And have a wonderful New Year!

7 comments:

Sylvia K said...

Lovely, summery shadow shots for the day, Toby! I do wish you a wonderful new year filled with lots of love and laughter and sunlight! Thank you for your visits/comments! Always greatly appreciated! Enjoy!

Sylvia

EG CameraGirl said...

It's wonderful to be reminded that we will see green again! :))

Hey Harriet said...

Wow! Now that's what I call a back yard! How lovely it is! Looks like a perfect spot for summer picnics!

I just scrolled down to read your other posts and discovered that it was your birthday recently, so a very happy (but belated) birthday Toby! And a Happy New Year to you also!

Arija said...

I just love the soft tree shadows, like whispers on the wind.

Have a great New Year.

Blessings . . . Arija

Arlene said...

Wish the green of spring and the sunny rays of summer to come your way soon!

Happy new year and here's my first to sunday shadow.

Unknown said...

what a lovely backyard - a great collection of shadows. i can't wait for spring as well. happy new year!

Marilyn & Jeff said...

I would love a backyard like this. I love the soft shadows you have captured.