Sunday, May 2, 2010

Today's Flowers and Macro Monday, all in one

For the Today's Flowers and Macro Monday memes, I present the last of my flowering succulents. Well, probably my last - I guess we'll have to see :)




The cool thing about this plant is that, like my other succulents, these multiply like crazy. This particular pot was full of dirt on the floor of my balcony. At one point a few years ago I realized that a little piece of a succulent on the windowsill had fallen into the pot, and completely taken over. I almost never water it - it really doesn't need me. And yet it thrives, and even produces these starbursts in the Spring. My kind of plant!

Do check out more flowering photography, at Today's Flowers. And more close-up photography, at Macro Monday. Have a wonderful week, everyone!

6 comments:

DeniseinVA said...

Two lovely photographs. Thanks Toby, I really enjoyed these flowers.

Leora said...

Oh, I can see that is a flower that can live off its leaves. Happy whatever is left of Lag BaOmer.

Autumn Belle said...

'Starbursts' is a suitable name for these pretty little flowers. Happy Spring!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Hi Toby -- those are adorable little flowers. And it is a good commentary on your climate when you talk about how much you love a plant that spreads easily. When we had our house and garden in wet and cool Oregon, our problem was the opposite -- things took root too easily. I imagine that if we gardened here in humid Florida it would be the same. But we grew up in eastern Washington State, which is desert-like, and my parents were always looking for plants that would spread. I bet they'd have loved the starbursts.

gengen said...

Looks pretty and cool...happy TF!

Laura said...

wow that's amazing...what a survivor this lovely plant is!