Friday, May 21, 2010

The Cheesecake Edition

Sorry that I haven't posted much lately. This week was Shavuot, the holiday where we Jews celebrate receiving the Torah. It's funny, until I started blogging I didn't realize just how many holidays we have :) Anyway, a happy custom of Shavuot is to eat dairy, and in my book, that means cheesecake!


I make my mom's recipe, which is hand's-down the best cheesecake ever. I haven't ever found a slice that I enjoyed more! Generally, I like my cheesecake untainted, with no toppings. I feel that if it's good, it shouldn't need any extra stuff to get in the way. But this year I got a bit carried away and made four cakes, so I decided to experiment a little and add some toppings. Hence, we had one strawberry, one milk chocolate, one dulce de leche and of course, one plain:






Just look at those waves of sweet cheese! Ah, I love this holiday...




Have a great week, everyone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pic, I could do for a swim in that cheese! Don't you wish they made disposable springform pans? And if they do, don't you wish they sold them in Israel?

What did you do for the strawberry one, how did you flavor it? And most importantly, I want this wonderful recipe!

toby said...

Disposable springform pans - that's inspirational! I'll email you the recipe...