Monday, September 16, 2013

Whimsical Windows, Delirious Doors! #94

Here we are, back again for your favorite little meme!
Well, here in Israel, we're deep in that time of year lovingly referred to as "The Holidays." Anything you might want done from the middle of August and onward, you're likely to be told to wait until "After The Holidays." They consist of a whirlwind of feasting, fasting, more feasting, more fasting, feasting once again, and lots of celebration and dancing, over a three week period. We've passed all the fasting, and can look forward to just having fun from here on in :)

Anyway, in honor of all this religious atmosphere, I thought I'd share some windows from inside a synagogue that we found ourselves in, in Newton, Massachusetts, on our recent trip. I thought they were lovely!




And for those of you who are here to get their fill of Israeli architecture, here are two more red-light shots. I really do wish I were a photographer, currently it seems to be limited to when I'm sitting in traffic in Jerusalem :)



Well, that's it for this week! To participate in Whimsical Windows, Delirious Doors! just post your photo of a window, door, or anything architectural, link here, and sign up in the widget, below. Thanks for coming by - have a wonderful, whimsical week, everyone!

4 comments:

Lesley said...

Three weeks is a long to wait... and to feast!

I sometimes slow down and wish for a red light so I can quickly grab a photo! I do the editing to make it look arty afterwards. I should probably publish more of them :)

Lesley said...

p.s. I meant to say I like the second photo with the stepped and frosted windows.

Ralph said...

It is quite interesting to see the contrast is style: the synagogue in Newton feels like New England with those 10 over 10 windows, while Jerusalem looks like Israel. Each different and equally appealing in their different styles...

Have happy post-fasting holidays!

photodoug said...

Enjoy the balcony photos. Wonder is the residents celebrate on them.