Friday, April 26, 2013

Skywatch - check out my awesome new camera!

I think I may have mentioned that my parents were amazingly generous, and bought me a big fancy camera, for my recent big round birthday. I'm still working on how to carry it around with me like I do my little camera, but meanwhile, I haven't had as many opportunities to use it as I'd like. Anyway... late this afternoon, I noticed the moon rising in the east, and grabbed my little camera. Pretty, right?
Suddenly it occurred to me that this was a great opportunity to try out my cool Canon Rebel, so I ran inside to get it. I tried to zoom to about the same distance, and got this:
But wait, it can zoom even further...
*and* I can play with where I focus...

This is fun - yay!
For more lovely sky-oriented photography, check out Skywatch Friday, right now! Have a great weekend, everybody!

6 comments:

Nisha said...

Lovely shots from the new camera. :)

Dina said...

Titchadshi! Enjoy your big new camera. Great shots.
I hear there was a mini-eclipse last night for a short while.
Shabbat shalom.

Irene Sletvik said...

Beautiful moon :) Enjoy your camera!

Arija said...

The step up is so exiting, I remember well when i went from my petal to my nikon and the, delight of delights, to my canon with a 500mm lens. Enjoy, next you will be madly photographing birds.
Great to see the comparative shots.

Ralph said...

Round birthday? I assume the dreaded 3-0 or whatever you mean. Well, my birthdays began to be better each year after the dreaded 3-0. The more I age each birthday, the happier I am :)

The lens makes these views so nice, I miss the days of an SLR. So you received the perfect birthday gift for the photo artist. Nice!

toby said...

Thanks, everyone!
Ralph, that's very flattering, but you need to add a decade :)