Monday, April 30, 2012

Whimsical Windows, Delirious Doors! #22


Here we are yet again, back for your favorite little meme: Whimsical Windows, Delirious Doors! This week I've found a doozy for you. My family and I were in Jerusalem, when we happened across this famous building, the Chabad Center. I had heard of it, but never actually seen it in person. I knew that it was built to exactly match its original, located in New York, and so wasn't made of Jerusalem stone, like almost all its neighbors. But I didn't expect it to have such very lovely windows and doors! See for yourselves:





Nice, right? And very different than what we're used to seeing around here :)

Now it's your turn! What interesting windows, doors, or other architectural detail did you find this week? Please link up to them in the widget below, so we can all see! Last week one of our posters had some trouble linking - please let me know if that happens, so I can try to fix it! Thanks for coming by, everyone, and have a spectacular week!

5 comments:

Lesley said...

I especially like the second shot with the mosaic look to the windows and the writing below!

Ralph said...

This building is wonderful, full of the detailing that we see up north, not just in NYC, but reminding me of places like Yale University in New Haven (9 miles from our front door). Using the rich 18th century architecture, it is full of class, built with a strong look yet with delicate details such as the windows. A stunner, looking so nice no matter the continent it inhabits, Excellent!

sparrow said...

This is the kind of building that we lost lots of in the Christchurch earthquake. I really miss Victorian style buildings with bricks.. I like the composition of the final photo. Sorry I missed posting last week.

Robin said...

Such an interesting building (funny, I always assumed it was in Kfar Chabad, not Jerusalem) but so out of place amidst all that golden stone. Great windows though :).

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

Yes, that is different from what I remember seeing in Jerusalem! I hope to join you in the next Whimsical Windows Delirious Doors post.