Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Ruby Tuesday - our new recycling bin!

The appearance of this item on my street got me so excited that I almost immediately posted a photo of it on Facebook, which is very unusual for me. Not long after, I realized that non-Israelis have absolutely no idea what it is! So to clarify, this is a bottle recycling bin - people can come from anywhere and slip their plastic bottles through the holes, and every so often the recycling company comes and empties it. So easy, right? Since we didn't have one on our street (until now) I've always collected bottles in the trunk of our car until I remember to bring them to the nearest bin - but now we're the lucky ones :)




And it's an especially pretty one, too - I've never before seen one so nicely decorated! And it even has a touch of red, making this post qualify for Ruby Tuesday, Mary's weekly meme, over at her blog, Work of the Poet. Go check it out, if you'd like to see reddish photography from all over the world! Happy Tuesday, everyone!

2 comments:

Ralph said...

The 'bin' is rather large - yet with the whimsical and cool color and shapes, we have every reason to recycle our bottles and cans. The challenge is to fill it up, a big target. Neat!

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

No more bags of bottles in your car trunk!


RED HAT

Red hat, I am lonesome.
Red hat, are you free?
Red hat, please consider
Coming home with me.

I need a companion,
One who’ll warm my head;
I think you’ll do nicely,
Hat of brilliant red.

You’re the warmest color,
Not like blue or green—
Red hat at the vendor’s,
Red hat, you’re my queen.


© 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher

Artisan in Red