Monday, August 15, 2011

Ruby Tuesday - Here I Am!!

Yes, I've been busy, and yes, I'm still busy! But I truly haven't forgotten you all, my good online friends, and so I just want to take three seconds to post this photo, exactly in time for Ruby Tuesday! Here you go - my big comeback!




It's the bougainvillea that I (very) briefly owned, a few weeks ago. I somehow convinced myself that bougainvillea wouldn't be completely miserable in a pot, on my balcony. And it seemed true, for just over a week, until... it became completely miserable, and I brought it to a coworker of mine who has a garden and was happy to adopt it! It sure was beautiful, though - maybe I'll go visit sometime :)


For more reddish photography, go to Mary's blog, Work of the Poet, where she faithfully hosts Ruby Tuesday each week. You'll be glad that you went! Have a great week, everyone!

7 comments:

Gemma Wiseman said...

Love these flowers! They always seem so exotic! Great photo!

carol l mckenna said...

Wonderful photo ~ Over from Ruby Tuesday ~ thanks ^_^

namaste, Carol (Share the Creative Journey)

Maria @ LSS said...

Lovely!

Liz said...

Beautiful capture.

My entries:
Moms...Check Nyo
Yummy-as-can-be

lina@women's perspectives said...

You've captured it beautifully...

toby said...

Thanks, everyone!

Robin said...

I love bougainvillea but when we bought our place (a roof apartment) the gardener convinced us not to get it because it sheds so much, and "our downstairs neighbors wouldn't love us". I still covet it though.

-----------------------------------
My photography is available for purchase - visit Around the Island Photography and bring home something beautiful today!