Friday, May 27, 2011

A Nighttime Skywatch

My little point and shoot camera is great for a lot of things, but I have to be honest - it doesn't do too well at night. One day I'll probably give in and buy myself a "real" camera. In the meantime, I've pretty much come to terms with the fact that I have a great camera that I love, that works really well for around twelve hours a day :)


And yet, when I found myself passing under that controversial bridge in Jerusalem last night, I was so taken that I decided I just had to try to capture it. I had never been so close to it at night before, and somehow, it seemed to actually glow! The effect of the white cables against the dark sky was really cool, and I was pretty excited. And so, although this photo doesn't do justice, I'm posting it - it's the best I've got (for now):




I guess you had to be there :)


Anyway, I'm posting this to Skywatch Friday. Go there right now if you'd like to see lots more sky photography from all over the world. Have a great weekend, all of you!

7 comments:

fjällripan said...

I know what you mean, my little camera doesnt do well in darkness either :(
But I think this photo is terrific! What a bridge!

Kay L. Davies said...

An exquisite photo. So what if it was more good luck than good management? LOL
It's beautiful, and could look lovely on just the right wall!
— K

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

Anonymous said...

An impressive picture indeed. In my opinion, it demands rather a good eye and thought, than expensive technology. Until February of this year, all me pictures where taken by a $70 camera.


daily athens

jo©o said...

It is amazingly effective though, whatever you think the limitations are.
Such a striking thumbnail - it draws you in.

VioletSky said...

I love this bridge!
and my point and shoot is a nighttime deadend.

Light and Voices said...

Striking bridge photo.
Joyce M

sparrow said...

Well done! It is an excellent shot. Don't underestimate the photographer's "eye" with good shots. Some people have it, some don't. You have the eye.