Saturday, November 20, 2010

Shadows - here's hoping for a bloggy week!

Well, I didn't post much last week. Life is just busy, what can I say? But I'm hoping that this week will be a little livelier. Let's start it off right, with a nice shadow.


I found these fire escapes in Chicago. Suddenly realizing that my kids had never seen anything like them here in the Jerusalem area, I decided to take a photo. And then I noticed the awesome shadows that they were creating, and I took one more :)




I like them a lot!


For more cool shadow photography, go check out Shadow Shot Sunday, hosted at Hey Harriet. You won't be sorry!


Happy shadow hunting, everyone! And have a great week!

7 comments:

Sylvia K said...

They are terrific shadows and you've captured them perfectly! I bet you kids got a kick out of seeing these photos! Hope your weekend is going well! Take time to breathe and enjoy!

Sylvia

Martha Z said...

Very interesting and complex shadows.

Ralph said...

The cast-iron escapes are not stylish and as far from art as can be. Yet, the shadows redefine the non-descript steps very well, the style thus falls nicely against the brick. Wonderfully captured!

Chubskulit Rose said...

Just gorgeous!


Green Bottle Shadows

Hey Harriet said...

Wow! Fire escapes are not a very common sight over here in Australia either, so I get a big buzz from seeing them too! I love your photos of them!

Marilyn & Jeff said...

The fire escape stairs cast great shadows!

Chubby Chieque said...

Your shots are really cool… luv the shadows that you captured amazingly.
It reminds me of the Inception…hmmm
Job well done...

Have a happy day & happy SSS…
/chie