Friday, September 25, 2009

Skywatch Sunrise

My dear husband has been getting up at the crack of dawn - literally - for the past week or so. A couple of days ago, he said, "Toby, I know you like sunsets, but you should try sunrises, too! There was a beautiful one this morning." And so, all photographer-like, I decided to get up and try it this morning. Here in Israel we're changing the clocks this weekend, so I knew that if I didn't do it today at 6, I would need to do it next week at 5, and the chances of that happening are slim at best...

Here's what greeted me when I left the house:

By the time I got behind the park for a better view, things had calmed down quite a bit, and I thought maybe I had missed the action. I did find some little trees on a hill that appealed to me, though:

Anyway, about fifteen minutes later, things were getting kind of boring, and I went to check the mail. As I was coming back, I saw something out of the corner of my eye. I zoomed back to the spot I had found before, just in time to get this:

 
Which soon developed into this:

It wasn't really that dark - I think that's my camera compensating for the brightness of the sun. Like I said, I'm not actually a photographer, so I'm not sure :) But getting up this morning and pretending was fun!


Check out lots of other sky-oriented photos here. Have a great weekend!

7 comments:

magiceye said...

gorgeous images!
you sure must be glad you managed to catch them!

Sylvia K said...

fabulous shots! how wonderful to be able to catch them -- at least i know that's how i feel when i'm able to get a really lovely shot that i hadn't counted on! beautiful colors!

have a great weekend!

sylvia

Japa said...

Isn't that great. Early risers got to take beautiful sunrise photos.

Unknown said...

spectacular sunrise! what a beautiful sight to wake up to.

Anonymous said...

hi Toby i also saw sunrise this morning! -I love being a doula :)
nice pics of it - i saw it from Ein Karem.
Anna King

Bubby said...

Beautiful! They remind me of when I used to take the boys to the lake for sunrise once or twice in the summer, year after year...there's a gorgeous world out there early in the morning!

toby said...

Thanks for coming, everyone!